Come out to support a factory farm moratorium bill!
Momentum for a factory farm moratorium is growing! A new survey by the Johns Hopkins Center for a Livable Future found 63% of Iowans support a factory farm moratorium. This is something every state legislator needs to hear! And we aim to tell them on January 23!
Plan to join IARA members at the Iowa State House on Thursday morning January 23 to lobby on a factory farm moratorium bill. With Iowa’s water quality crisis getting worse every year, we need a moratorium NOW! RSVP here!
Here is the schedule for the Stop Factory Farm Lobby Day:
8:30 – 9:00 Wallace Building Auditorium – Register, enjoy some hot coffee, and get ready for an exciting day
9:00 – 9:45 Prep and Training Session – Get talking points on the moratorium bill, find out who we’re targeting, and get some basic lobbying training from CCI’s Adam Mason and Food and Water Watch’s Krissy Kasserman.
10:15 – 11:00 Lobby Day Rally in the State Capitol Rotunda – Get fired up (and let’s fire up legislators) with some brief talks by our powerhouse lineup:
- Representative Sharon Steckman,
- David Osterberg, Iowa Policy Project
- Maureen McCue, Physicians for Social Responsibility Iowa Chapter
- Kim Stephens, CAFO neighbor and Iowa Citizens for Community Improvement member
- Tatiana Schaapherder, High School Climate Activist
- Emma Schmit, Food and Water Watch
- Emceed by Diane Rosenberg and Chris Petersen, Iowa Alliance for Responsible Agriculture
11:00 – 12:30 Lobbying State Legislators
12:30 – 1:00 Debriefing – Time to share what you learned on legislators’ positions
RSVP here to let us know if you can join us.
Here’s where to go:
Wallace Building Auditorium, 502 E. 9th Street, Des Moines (Across the street from the State Capitol)
Iowa State Capitol, 1007 E. Grand Avenue, Des Moines